Layered Navigation Professional¶
Mageplaza Layered Navigation is a smart map for your Magento 2 store. It’s the shortest way for the shoppers to find what they want, especially when you have a bunch of items with various prices, attributes or brands.
After enabling the module, the Layered Navigation will be displayed on the left sidebar on Categories pages.
Layered Navigation Configuration¶
The Configuration is available under
Admin Panel > Mageplaza > Layered Navigation > Configuration.
- General configuration
- Filter configuration
- Design configuration
Here are the details for the settings of each tab.
1. General Configuration tab¶
- In Module Enable field: You can choose to use the Module Layered Navigation or not. Leave as Yes to enable and No to disable.
- In Enable Multi-Filters field:
- By enabling this feature, the shoppers are allowed to choose more than 1 filter to find the desired items. You can also filter by multi-choose from multiple categories at the same time. For example: The shopper can choose to filter by Color with Black, White and Size with Small, Large at the same time. This can be also applied with multiple categories.
- To config this feature, go to Enable Multi-filter field, set “Yes/No” to “Enable/ Disable”
- In Scroll to Top after filtering field:
- This feature allows the shoppers, after filtering, can automatically back to the top of the products list and start to find the desired items.
- On the Scroll to Top after Filtering field, you will have 2 options:
- YES : After choosing a filter or click on the Apply Filter button, the site will automatically scroll up to the top-page.
- NO : After choosing a filter or click on the Apply Filter button, the site still stay at the current position.
- In Enable Quick Lookup Options field:
- By enabling this feature, in each of the attribute group, there is a search box. The shoppers only need to insert the letters and the filter whose name contains this letter will be displayed.
- Go to Enable Filter options field to “Enable/ Disable” this feature by setting “Yes/ No”.
- In Display Out-of-stock option field: There are 2 options to choose:
- Yes: Show all the attributes and options even the product is currently out of stock.
- No: Hide all the attributes and options of the product which is currently out of stock.
- In Product Count field: With this feature, there will have a number which is displayed next to the filter. This number allows the shoppers to know how many items which is matched the filter. For example: If the filter is displayed: Cotton(2), that means there are 2 items which are matched the filter Cotton.
In Display Product Count field:
- Set Yes to display the number to the left of the filter name.
- Set No to hide this number.
- In Expand by default field:
- Yes : The attribute group will already be expanded when the shoppers go to the Categories page.
- No : The shoppers need to click on the attribute group name to expand the filters.
- In Apply Filter button field:
- The Apply Filter button allows the shoppers to choose when to apply the chosen filters. With this button, the shoppers don’t need to wait for the page to reload again and again each time they choose a filter.
- In Add Apply Filter button field, set “Yes” to show the button and leave “No” to disable.
- Here is how the
Apply Filterbutton works, you can choose lots of attribute before applying it. Also, SEO friendly URL is compatible with
Apply Filter‘s search result. As you can the this example chose Insulated and Cold, and name of those attributes appears on the URL as well.
2. Additional Filter¶
2.1. Product State Filter¶
The Product State Filterfeature allows the shoppers to filter the items by the New, Sale, and Stock status. Here is how the Product State Filter configuration will be displayed:
- Group label : The name of the group attribute
- Expand by default: Choose Yes to automatically expand the group attribute Rating when shoppers go to the collection page.
- Enable New Filter, Enable On Sales filter, Enable Stock filter: Choose Yes to enable the filter and leave No to disable.
- New label, On Sales label, Stock label: Add the name for each label filter.
2.2. Rating Filter¶
This feature allows the shoppers can filter the items by the rating follows 5 levels from 1 star to 5 stars. For example: when you choose the option 4 stars and up, the received result will display the items which have the 4-star and 5-star rating.
The Rating Filter configuration is available under the Filter Configuration tab.
- In Enable Rating Filter field: Choose “Yes” to enable and display the group attribute Rating on the Layered Navigation and leave “No” to disable this feature. When you choose “Yes”, there are 2 more options for the modification
- In Group Label : Adding the text as the group attribute’s name.
- In Expand by default : Choose “Yes” to automatically expand the group attribute Rating when shoppers go to the collection page.
3. Filter by decimal attributes¶
Layered Navigation Professional edition also allows store owner can set up and visitor can filter decimal attributes.
- In the
Attribute Information > Properties > Advanced Attribute Properties > Input Validation for Store Owner, choose Decimal Number or Intergal Number to set your optional attribute.
Attribute Information > ProductsPage Navigation Properties
- In Use in ProductsPage Navigation field choose Filterable (with results)
- In Use in Search Results ProductsPage Navigation choose Yes
- In Display Style choose your preferred style as Slider, Range or Slider and Range
For example with Weight option for which product has weight as 15 lb. In the frontend the search result can be filtered like: