Layered Navigation Ultimate¶
In order to advance the Magento 2 store layered navigation as well as to bring the best shopping experience to the visitors, Mageplaza developed the Layered Navigation Ultimate extension. This Ultimate version is the advanced version of the Pro version with many powerful and extra features will surely adapt any user’s expectation and plays an important role to build a successful store.
This Layered Navigation extension is a smart map for your Magento 2 store. It’s the shortest way for the shoppers to find what they want, especially when you have a bunch of items with various prices, attributes or brands.
After enabling the module, the Layered Navigation will be displayed on the left sidebar on Categories pages.
Layered Navigation Configuration¶
The Configuration is available under Admin Panel > Mageplaza > Layered Navigation > Configuration.
- General configuration
- Filter configuration
- Design configuration
- Custom Products pages
Here are the details for the settings of each tab.
1. General Configuration tab¶
- In Module Enable field: You can choose to use the Module Layered Navigation or not. Leave as Yes to enable and No to disable.
- In Multi-Filters field:
- By enabling this feature, the shoppers are allowed to choose more than 1 filter to find the desired items. You can also filter by multi-choose from multiple categories at the same time. For example: The shopper can choose to filter by Color with Black, White and Size with Small, Large at the same time. This can be also applied with multiple categories.
- To config this feature, go to Enable Multi-filter field, set “Yes/No” to “Enable/ Disable”
- In Scroll to Top field:
- This feature allows the shoppers, after filtering, can automatically back to the top of the products list and start to find the desired items.
- On the Scroll to Top after Filtering field, you will have 2 options:
- YES : After choosing a filter or click on the Apply Filter button, the site will automatically scroll up to the top-page.
- NO : After choosing a filter or click on the Apply Filter button, the site still stay at the current position.
- In Quick Lookup Options field:
- By enabling this feature, in each of the attribute group, there is a search box. The shoppers only need to insert the letters and the filter whose name contains this letter will be displayed.
- Go to Enable Filter options field to “Enable/ Disable” this feature by setting “Yes/ No”.
- In Display Out-of-stock option field: There are 2 options to choose:
- Yes: Show all the attributes and options even the product is currently out of stock.
- No: Hide all the attributes and options of the product which is currently out of stock.
- In Product Count field: With this feature, there will have a number which is displayed next to the filter. This number allows the shoppers to know how many items which is matched the filter. For example: If the filter is displayed: Cotton(2), that means there are 2 items which are matched the filter Cotton.
- In Display Product Count field:
- Set Yes to display the number to the left of the filter name.
- Set No to hide this number.
- In Expand by default field:
- Yes : The attribute group will already be expanded when the shoppers go to the Categories page.
- No : The shoppers need to click on the attribute group name to expand the filters.
- In Show type field: In this session, you can choose the way to display the filter attribute group. There are 3 options:
- In Apply Filter button field:
- The Apply Filter button allows the shoppers to choose when to apply the chosen filters. With this button, the shoppers don’t need to wait for the page to reload again and again each time they choose a filter.
- In Add Apply Filter button field, set “Yes” to show the button and leave “No” to disable.
- Here is how the
Apply Filterbutton works, you can choose lots of attribute before applying it. Also, SEO friendly URL is compatible with
Apply Filter’s search result. As you can the this example chose Insulated and Cold, and name of those attributes appears on the URL as well.
- In Infinite Scroll field
- Continue with the next session. Infinite Scroll, or also called the Lazy-scrolling on a website, this feature will help to automatically load the new products in the list when the shoppers scroll to the bottom, without clicking or reloading.
- In the field Infinite scroll, set “Yes” to enable the feature and “No” to disable.
- In Show Navigation field
- By default, the Vertical & Horizontal Navigation feature has 3 display styles so `Mageplaza Layered Navigation`_() can match to any store design with different purposes.
- In the Show Navigation field, choose 1 of 3 options below :
2. Additional Filter¶
2.1. Product State Filter¶
The Product State Filterfeature allows the shoppers to filter the items by the New, Sale, and Stock status. Here is how the Product State Filter configuration will be displayed:
- Group label : The name of the group attribute
- Expand by default: Choose Yes to automatically expand the group attribute Rating when shoppers go to the collection page.
- Enable New Filter, Enable On Sales filter, Enable Stock filter: Choose Yes to enable the filter and leave No to disable.
- New label, On Sales label, Stock label: Add the name for each label filter.
2.2. Rating Filter¶
This feature allows the shoppers can filter the items by the rating follows 5 levels from 1 star to 5 stars. For example: when you choose the option 4 stars and up, the received result will display the items which have the 4-star and 5-star rating.
The Rating Filter configuration is available under the Filter Configuration tab.
- In Enable Rating Filter field: Choose “Yes” to enable and display the group attribute Rating on the Layered Navigation and leave “No” to disable this feature. When you choose “Yes”, there are 2 more options for the modification:
- In Group Label : Adding the text as the group attribute’s name.
- In Expand by default : Choose “Yes” to automatically expand the group attribute Rating when shoppers go to the collection page.
- In Show as Slider field:
- Choose “Yes” if you want to display Vertical Slider
3. Design Configuration tab¶
The Slider type field allows you to choose the type of the Price Slider. There are 5 options to choose:
- Flat UI
- Nice White
- Simple dark
Note: To make the config on Design Configuration tab works, please make sure you have set the Display type on the
Attribute Configuration > Color to be
4. Custom Products Pages¶
By enabling Custom products page feature, all of your items will be displayed in only 1 pages with the advanced filtering. That allows the shoppers don’t need to find the exact categories page to filter the desired items.
Besides, Mageplaza also provides the SEO config to improve the page’s ranking on the search engine result pages.
The Custom products page configuration is available under
Admin Panel > Mageplaza > Layered Navigation: Custom Products Pages. Choose a product page to edit.
4.1 Page Information¶
After choosing/creating a specific Product page, choose Page Information scroll down to see some essential information:
- In Name field: Enter the name of the custom page in the backend.
- In Page Title field: Enter the name of the custom page in the frontend.
- In URL key field: Enter the characters you want to display in the URLs. For example: If you insert ‘products’, the All products page’s URL will be: yourstore.com/products
- In Store View field: Choose specific store views you want to display
- In Status field: You can enable/disable the custom product page.
- In Link Position field: choose the position of the link.
In addtion, you can configure the SEO attribute for the all products page to have the best SEO performance. There are 4 fields:
- In Meta title field: Enter the meta tittle for the custom product page.
- In Meta keywords field: Enter the meta keyword for the custom product page.
- In Meta description field: Enter the meta descripton for the custom product page.
4.2 Default Attributes¶
Default Attributes allows you set the default attribute for the all products page. That means when the shoppers open the all products page, you can decide which products will be displayed first.
For example : If you set the option Cool and Cold of the attribute Climate as the Default Attributes, the items which have Cool and Cold will be displayed first when the shoppers go to the Custom Product Pages
5. Attribute Configuration¶
Admin Panel > Stores > Attributes: Product, then choose an attribute and go to Layered Navigation Properties tab.
5.1 Attribute Properties¶
Example of a specific attribution and its configuration in detail
- In Use in ProductsPage Navigation field: choose the possibility of being displayed on Layered Navigation or not
- In Use in Search Results ProductsPage Navigation field: choose the possibility of being filtered by Layered Navigation or not.
- In Position field: The attribute has bigger posistion will be placed lower. 0 to set it in default as Magento 2’s principle.
- In Allow Multiple Filter field : By choose Yes, the shoppers are able to filter by multi-option in this group attribute. For example: You can allow the shoppers to choose more than 1 filter in Color group attribute but only can choose 1 filter in Style group attribute.
- In Display Style field: Choose the display style of the group attribute. The specific design for each style is mentioned in the next section.
- In Enable search option field: Choose to enable/ disable the Quick Lookup Option in this attribute group.
- In Expand by default field: Choose to automatically expand this attribute group or not when the shoppers go to the collection page.
5.2 Filter by decimal attributes¶
Layered Navigation also allows store owner can set up and visitor can filter decimal attributes.
- In the
Attribute Information > Properties > Advanced Attribute Properties > Input Validation for Store Owner, choose Decimal Number or Intergal Number to set your optional attribute.
Attribute Information > ProductsPage Navigation Properties
- In Use in ProductsPage Navigation field choose Filterable (with results)
- In Use in Search Results ProductsPage Navigation field choose Yes
- In Display Style field choose your preferred style as Slider, Range or Slider and Range
For example with the Weight option for which product has weight as 15 lb. On the frontend, the search result can be filtered like:
6. Shop By Brand’s configuration¶
Magento 2 Shop by Brand extension is also one of such great tool. Similar to the navigation, Shop by Brand allows filtering by product attributes, but they are neither color or material or any physical features of the product. The plugin bases on brands (manufacturers) the products are made by.
Provided Shop By Brand’s User guide can be found here