Search extension for Magento 1 was launched by Mageplaza that is the perfect solution that improves your searching system. Our Search extension brings the most benefits for your customer in terms of finding prefered product. The relevant searching results will be shown immediately after customer enter the first letter of product name. Thus, this extension will help to save your customer’s time, make customer satisfaction and make your sale increase definitely.
Mageplaza Search for Magento 1 User Guide will provide the detailed instructions to know How to use on the frontend and How to Config on the backend.
How to use¶
- In the frontend, the search box will be shown in the upper-right corner
Customer are able to enter the character of product name on this box to search prefered product
Depends on the configuration in the backend, the search result will be shown after customer enter the minimum number of character
The search result will be displayed that includes product name, product small image, price and short description
Customer will click on the result that they are finding, then redirect to product page.
How to configure¶
Go to Backend > Search Plus > Settings
Open General Settings section and do the following
- In the Enable field, select “Yes” to enable this module
- In the Search Result field, enter the number of search result that you want to show in the search result grid
- In the Start searching with field, enter the number of character that be required to active search system.
For example: When you set “1” for Start searching with, the system will start searching right after you just enter 1 character in the search box
- In the Display small image field, select “Yes” to allow display product image in search result
- In the Display price field, select “Yes” to allow display product price in search result
- In the Limit character in short description field, enter the maximum number of character in short description of product that display in the search result
- In the Enable jQuery field, select “Yes” to enable jQuery in this extension. If your theme included jQuery, then disable this to avoid conflict.
- In the Index Autocomplete search database field, select one of the following
- After Product Save
- Daily Cronjob
You should choose Daily Cronjob if your store has more than 1000 catalog products.
When complete, click on Save Config button.
That’s all about the user guide of Mageplaza Search extension for Magento 1. If you still have any question, please feel free to contact us.