Crosslinks play a certain popular role to link between sites, as a sort of indispensable bridge leading users to the variety of similar product that customer may have further interested to learn more items inside your catalogs.
From SEO point of view, increasing the click rates on the website is one of the effective technical ways to build up the webpage’s authority and facilitate it for the search engines crawls to index the web pages. As a result, this will boost the SEO performance and increase the site ranking significantly on SEPRs.
How it works
Once installing the Mageplaza Ultimate SEO extension and enable the Crosslinks feature, you are allowed to set the term for each keyword with the priority based on your using purpose. After the term is set, the extension will automatically replace the limited keywords by the custom URL on the product pages, categories pages or CMS pages.
E.g Crosslinks will replace all appeared “Luma” words by an internal link. You won’t have to do all the syntax works manually which also can cut down the decorate content time.
How to configure
I. How to create a new term
To make a new term for your store, go to
Mageplaza > SEO > Crosslinks. Click red button Add new Term.
Fill up all the required information fields you wish to set up for your new term. The following to create new term’s form will be performed like this.
- In the Keyword field (require information): Enter a new keyword you want to create.
- In the Link Alt/Title field: This is for the short description for this keyword. This will be inserted into a title attribute. We suggest you should add keywords that you want to boost your ranking in SERPs. E.g: Buy iPhone in New York
- In the Link Target field: Target's attribute of the Internal link.
- If you want to open a new tab, you should choose: *_blank (New tab)*
- If you want to open it in a popup box, choose *_self (Current tab)*
- If you want to open it in the current page, choose _top (Full body of the window)
- In the Link to field: Define the form of address that Internal links refer to. There will be 3 kinds of form.
- Custom Link: URL's path will be put together with domain of this website. E.g: /iphone.html . This value does not include the domain name.
- Product stock keeping unit (SKU): Base on SKU link to the product URL. E.g: iphone
- Category ID: Base on ID link to the category URL. E.g: 23
- In the Limit Number Of Links Per Page field: Enter a value which limits the number of links per page. Default: 3.
- In the Direction field: Specify direction which Crosslinks function will find and replace the keyword. Random or Top down will be good recommendations.
- In the Rel field: The rel's attribute of Internal link. There are 2 options: Default or Nofollow.
- In the Status field: Set up the status for the term. Choose “Yes” if you want to apply for this term.
- In Priority field: Set up value for the priority of this keyword. Higher priority term will be applied first. 0 is the highest.
II. How to edit/delete existed terms
Mageplaza > SEO > Crosslinks. A list of existed terms will appear. Select in the
Action button to customize the term you want to edit/delete.
Save term after editing.