Magento 2 SEO extension Standard was developed by Mageplaza is the best FREE marketing tool in order to help you automatically optimize and greatly improve the performance of your Magento-based store in Search Engines. With a list of outstanding and effective tools, our Better SEO extension will bring to your store a great chance to own an amazing speed as well as gain the higher and higher rank in the popular and famous search engines such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
1. Magento 2 SEO Basic Settings¶
Firstly, we will familiar with the module via the list of the configuration. Login as Admin account, go to the path Mageplaza > SEO > Settings.
1.1. General Configuration¶
Open General Configuration section, you can see:
- Add Nofollow meta in Search Result if you select “Yes” option
- Add Nofollow meta in Product Gallery if you select “Yes” option
- Setting Enable Sitelink Search Box to “Yes” means showing another search box that shows the more detailed search results on the destination site.
- In Stop words field, choose the language of the stop words to use.
For example: if choose en (English), the stop words are a the, of, for, etc.
1.2. Duplicate Content¶
Continue with the next session - Duplicate Content, there are some configurations related to the duplicate content:
- To manage your content better and restrict the duplication, please set “Yes” for Add Canonical URL Meta
- In the Canonical points to https field, you can choose “Yes” or “No” option depending on whether you would prefer the https version of a page or not
1.4. Structured Data¶
Scroll down and expand the Structured Data section, you will:
Include Rich Snippet in the search results right after enabling the rich snippet in the configuration
Rich Snippet may be review stars, an aggregate rating value, and vote count, etc. You can learn it more at the link
- Disable Product Structured Data by selecting “No” if your theme or module implements it’s own product snippets.
- Allow applying Organization Information that describes the results in detailed. Furthermore, you can custom that data via this guide.
1.6. Business information¶
You can enable Business Information if choosing “Yes”. Just enter the information into the corresponding fields, then all of them will be shown in the search result.
In the Verification field, you need to enter the verification code to confirm the ownership of your site. Hence, you can use the Web services such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Pinterest and Yandex Webmaster Tools.