Sitemaps are born for the sake of structuring a coherent website which organizes and determines all contents as well as their backlinks generally. So basically it’s just an outline list or a quick flow chart of your site’s content, but we can’t refuse that this starting point can bring the extremely convenience up for both visitors and search engine’s crawlers.
Long story for short, sitemaps should include two types of map: HTML Sitemap and XML Sitemap to constitute a webpage. Magento 2 SEO Sitemaps will give you a hand on this matters.
You don’t need to be a professional SEO marketers to do sitemaps manually. All the perplexing procedure will be finished in blink of an eye when you installed this module to your store. Hence, the quick and easy to get the point how we can take over control of the sitemap extension.
I. XML Sitemap¶
1.1. How it works¶
XML Sitemap is only be indexed by search engines, also known as crawler spiders, simply assists them to understand your fresh new website better. By adding extra information for URLs such as metadata rules, crawlers will evaluate your website is the well-trust one, and more chances to be on top of search result pages.
Here an example of how XML Sitemap is looked in search engine’s eyes
1.2. How to configure¶
First is the XML Sitemap configuration. Go to
Mageplaza > Sitemaps: XML Sitemaps
- In Homepage Optimization field: choose “Yes” if you want to optimize the homepage by removing redundant CMS pages in the XML file.
- In Enable Additional Links field: if you have a tons of link which can’t be automatically inserted into XML file, choose “Yes” to enable this permission.
II. HMTL Sitemap¶
2.1 How it works¶
When XML Sitemap takes the responsibility acquainting crawler spiders behind the stage, HTML Sitemap will handle structuring the visible road map for visitors. HTML Sitemap is usually found at the footer of a page, they outline every single page of that website along with their backlinks. Obviously, cutting down the searching time will enhance user experiences better in such amazing way you can execute in a short of time.
This is how HTML Sitemap visually performs.
2.1 How to configure¶
Under XML Configuration is HTML Configuration. This HTML sitemap contains Categories Sitemap, Pages Sitemap, and Products Sitemap, also all of them will be assembled at the footer of your page.
- In Enable HTML Sitemap: choose “Yes” if you want to enable HTML Sitemap. New related HTML Sitemap modules will be expanded automatically
- In Enable Categories Sitemap: choose “Yes” if you want to display all pages in categories.
- In Enable Pages Sitemap field: choose “Yes” if you want to display all pages in the website.
- In Enable Products Sitemap field: choose “Yes” if you want to display all product pages.
- In Enable Additional Links field: if you have a tons of link which can’t be automatically inserted into HTML file, choose “Yes” to enable this permission.
- In Additional Links box: Paste additional links you want to add.
- In Add Sitemap Link to Footer field: choose “Yes” if you want to enable the advance HTML Sitemap in the footer of pages.