Shop By Brand¶
By Mageplaza you can find many extensions that will help online stores improve customer search such as Magento 2 Layered Navigation and Magento 2 Advanced Search extension, and Magento 2 Shop by Brand extension is also one of such great tool. Similar to the navigation, Shop by Brand allows filtering by product attributes, but they are neither color or material or any physical features of the product. The plugin bases on brands (manufacturers) the products are made by.
In this helpful Mageplaza documentation, you will achieve the guide of How to use and How to config on the frontend and backend of Shop by Brand Magento 2 module.
I. How to use¶
As soon as installing Shop by Brand completely, your customers can easily search all products under the favorite brands in your inventory. Especially, on its interface, there are 4 ways of shopping by brand:
- Mega menu
- Search Box
- Alphabet Search
- Search Category
You will follow these ways here.
1.2 Search Box¶
The search box on Magento 2 Shop by Brand has some functionalities that are alike to Magento 2 Ajax Search by Mageplaza. In the box, entering some words of the brand name and achieving the drop-down results instantly on the current page.
The brand results come with Brand Logo, Brand Name, and Brand Description.
1.3 Alphabet Search¶
Alphabet Search, placed under Search Box, is represented including “Show All” and the alphabets. Depending on the first characteristic of the brand name, the user will tap on the respective button.
1.4 Search by Category¶
You can generate specific categories for brands which direct your customers’ minds to gravitate toward some certain brands, with fetching categories like “Feature Brands”, “Best Seller Brands”, “Mageplaza’s Brand”, etc. Do not hesitate to plan to promote brands you desire!
II. How to configure¶
Mageplaza > Shop by Brand > Configuration is a bunch of the basic configuration you need to set up firstly.
At the Configuration tab, expand General section, please do the following:
- Enable the module when choosing “Yes” to allow customers shop by brand
- From the existing list of the product attribute, set Brand Attribute to the correct choice. In this guide, Manufacturer is the option you have to select
- Enter Brand route, if passing it, the default (brands) is applied
- Enter Brand Link title or leave it as the default (Brands)
- In Show Brand Link in field choose the position of putting brand link: Toplink, Footer link and Category
- At Show brand logos in product page: choose “Enable” to show brand logo in product page
- In Show brands in drop-down category menu: choose “Enable” to apply drop-down function at the mega menu.
2.1.3 All Brands Page Settings¶
Expand All Brands Page Settings section
- In Brand list name type your prefered name for the Brand Page title
- In Style of Brand List Page includes options to choose the specific order of the brand list * List View * Alphabet Style
- In Display Option supports 3 kinds of performance * Logo only * Logo and Label * Label only
- In Show Brand Name on Product Listing Page “Yes” is the default option
- In Style Color select relevant color of the Shop by Brand’s interface
- In Show Brand Description set up to show the brand’s description or not
- In Show Brand Product Quantity option to enable/disable the number.
- In Show Brand Quick View Popup select “Yes” if you want to have it opened in Popup style
- Add Custom Css for your own style
188.8.131.52 Brand Filter Function¶
- In Show Brand Categories Filter: choose “Yes” to enable Category filter
- In Show Brand AlphaBet Filter “Yes” is the default option
- In Brand Alphabet is where you rule the specific alphabet to be filtered, each of alphabet separated by a commas
- Character Set means encode key for your store’s language
184.108.40.206 Brand Search Setting¶
- In Show Search Block select “Yes” to enable Instant Search at the Brand page
- In Min char default minimum number is 1
- In Number of Search result 0 will show unlimited drop-down search result
- In Show Thumbnail Image decides to display thumbnail image or not
220.127.116.11 Feature Brand Settings¶
- At Show Feature Brands choose to “Yes” to display.
- In Display Featured Brands Style we support 2 styles
- Slider View
- Simple View
- In Title, type a name for your feature brands block
- In Display Information allows
- Logo only
- Logo and Label
- In Embedded Code is where you show feature brand block in any place you want.
2.1.4 Brand Information¶
Click to expand Brand Information
- In Default Image choose a custom stock for Brand. If passing, the product placeholder default image will be used.
- In Default Block, choose an available product block to be displayed
- Choose to Show Brand Image On Brand Page, Show Brand Description On Brand Page, and Show Brand Static Block On Brand Page or not.
This is a new sweet treatment for marketing purpose, choose “No” if you don’t wish search engines index pagination pages.
This is a separated module to manage Categories on filter searching. Also you can customized some crucial meta data tags like Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords or Meta Robot
To create brand new category, click
New Category red button.
To massively set brands into a specific category:
Mageplaza > Shop By Brand: Categories
- Select the category you want to apply changes navigate, click
Brandat the left sidebar, a multi-select available brand list will show up.
2.3 Manage Brands¶
This module provide a short-cut way for navigating to “manufacturer” workplace, from here you will manage all available brands and create new one. Make you way to
Mageplaza > Shop By Brand: Manage Brands
To generate a new brand, follow these steps
All brands are listed under Manage Options section, click on Add option on the bottom of the list, right after, a new row will appear.
Click on Save Config to save the new brand.
Tap Setting to open the “Brand Information” page for configuration.
Under Brand Information section,
- Set Page Title for the new brand
- Create URL Key
- Upload Brand Image from your computer
- Set the brand to be displayed on featured brand slider or not in Featured field
- Enter Short Description (appear on the search result) and Description (appear on Brand Listing)
- Choose the CMS Block to show brand as a static block on anywhere of your page. You can disable it by leave it blank.
Expand Meta Information section, you can complete all fields for your better SEO, including:
- Meta Title
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
Save Brand to ensure that the configuration for the new brand is successful.
For the existing brands, you can edit their information via Setting button.
2.4 Bulk import brands¶
Shop by Brand extension from Mageplaza supports Magento 2 stores to bulk import brands via CSV file.
System > Data Transfer > Import > Import Settings > Entity Type field, choose “Mageplaza Shopbybrand” to expand Import Behavior and File to Import fields.
Sample csv file:
- Online: https://goo.gl/VqbZ5o
- Follow those steps next
- In Import Behaviour fiels, choose Import Behaviour as “Add/Update”
- In File to Import field, browse your brand’s CSV file in Select file to Import
- Copy the file contains Brands in the csv file to the pub / media / import section of the site
Back to the Import page, click
Check data button
After Check Data is completed, select Import near footer to import brand to Shop By Brand. If the brand name in the csv file is included in the file to import, the import will be successful
And a report will inform this. Now you’ve done all the step to import brand by a CSV file.
2.5 Assign product to brand¶
This guide helps you classify what brand a product is made by.
- On the Admin Panel, Product > Inventory > Catalog.
- Select an exact product you want to assign, and open Edit mode under Action column.
- On the settings page of the product, you will see ` Manufacturer` field that allows assigning a corresponding brand to that product.
Savethe change to complete the brand attachment.
- When finish all, the brand logo will display on both Brand Listing Search and the product detailed page of the assigned product.
On Brand Listing
On Product Page