Shop By Brand¶
By Mageplaza you can find many extensions that will help online stores improve customer search such as Magento 2 Layered Navigation and Magento 2 Advanced Search extension, and Magento 2 Shop by Brand extension is also one of such great tool. Similar to the navigation, Shop by Brand allows filtering by product attributes, but they are neither color or material or any physical features of the product. The plugin bases on brands (manufacturers) the products are made by.
In this helpful Mageplaza documentation, you will achieve the guide of How to use and How to config on the frontend and backend of Shop by Brand Magento 2 module.
I. How to use¶
As soon as installing Shop by Brand completely, your customers can easily search all products under the favorite brands in your inventory. Especially, on its interface, there are 4 ways of shopping by brand:
- Mega menu
- Search Box
- Alphabet Search
- Search Category
You will follow these ways here.
1.2 Search Box¶
The search box on Magento 2 Shop by Brand has some functionalities that are alike to Magento 2 Ajax Search by Mageplaza. In the box, entering some words of the brand name and achieving the drop-down results instantly on the current page.
The brand results come with Brand Logo, Brand Name, and Brand Description.
1.3 Alphabet Search¶
Alphabet Search, placed under Search Box, is represented including “Show All” and the alphabets. Depending on the first characteristic of the brand name, the user will tap on the respective button.
1.4 Search by Category¶
You can generate specific categories for brands which direct your customers’ minds to gravitate toward some certain brands, with fetching categories like “Feature Brands”, “Best Seller Brands”, “Mageplaza’s Brand”, etc. Do not hesitate to plan to promote brands you desire!
II. How to configure¶
Catalog > Shop by Brand > Configuration is a bunch of the basic configuration you need to set up firstly.
At the Configuration tab, expand General section, please do the following:
- Enable the module when choosing “Yes” to allow customers shop by brand
- From the existing list of the product attribute, set Brand Attribute to the correct choice. In this guide, Manufacturer is the option you have to select
- Enter Brand Route, if passing it, the default (brands) is applied
- Enter Brand Link Title or leave it as the default (Brands)
- In Show Brand Link In field choose the position of putting brand link: Toplink, Footer link and Category
- In Show Brands in Category Menu: includes No, Drop-down type và Grid type
- No: Brands are not shown
- Drop-down type: show additional fields - What to show, Maximum brands to show, Show brands without products on menu
- What to show: select the elements to display
- What to show = Logo Only : show the brand logo only
- What to show = Label Only: show the brand label only
- What to show = Logo and Label: show both brand logo and label
- Maximum brands to show: enter the maximum number for brands displayed in the menu
- Show brands without products on menu: Select Yes to display the brands with no products in the menu. If No is selected, the brands with no products will not be displayed
- Grid type: show additional fields - What to show, Brand Menu Gird Layout, Maximum brands to show, Show brands without products on menu
- In What to show select elements to display
- What to show = Logo Only: Brands are shown with logos only
- What to show = Label Only: Brands are shown with lables only
- What to show = Logo and Label: Brands are shown with logos and lables
- In Maximum brands to show: fill in the number of brands to show in the menu
- In Brand Menu Grid Layout: choose the number of columns to show brands
- In Show brands without products on menu: Select Yes to display the brands with no products in the menu. If No is selected, the brands with no products will not be displayed
- Show Brand Info on Product Listing Page: Display Product Brand Info at product listing page such as category, Catalog Search
- Show Brand Info in Product Page:
- Show Brand Info in Product Page = Not show: Not show brand information at product page in frontend
- Show Brand Info in Product Page = Brand Name: Allow showing brand information at product page in frontend
- Show Brand Info in Product Page = Brand Description: Allow showing brand description at product page in frontend
- Show Brand Info in Product Page = Brand Logo: Show brand logo at product page in frontend. Show more fields: Brand Logo Width in Product Page and Brand Logo Height in Product Page.
- Brand Logo Width in Product Page: Set the width for brand logo shown at frontend
- Brand Logo Height in Product Page: Set the height for brand logo shown at frontend
- Show Brand Info in Product Admin Grid: Display information of brand at the Product Admin Grid page, including:
- Brand Logo Only: Only display the brand logo at the Product Admin Grid
- Brand Name Only: Only display brand name at the Product Admin Grid
- Brand Logo & Brand Name: Allow showing brand logo and brand name at the Product Admin Grid respectively
- Brand Name & Brand Logo: Allow showing brand name and brand logo at the Product Admin Grid respectively
2.1.2 All Brands Page Settings¶
Expand All Brands Page Settings section
- In Brand list name type your prefered name for the Brand Page title
- In Style of Brand List Page includes options to choose the specific order of the brand list * List View * Alphabet Style
- In Display Option supports 3 kinds of performance * Logo only * Logo and Label * Label only
- Brand Logo Width: Set logo width
- Brand Logo Height: Set logo height
- In Style Color select relevant color of the Shop by Brand’s interface
- In Show Brand Short Description set up to show the brand’s description or not
- In Show brands without products: Choose Yes to show brands having no products or No to not show them
- In Show Brand Description set up to show the brand’s description or not
- In Show Brand Product Quantity option to enable/disable the number.
- In Show Brand Quick View Popup select “Yes” if you want to have it opened in Popup style
- Add Custom Css for your own style
126.96.36.199 Brand Filter Function¶
- In Show Brand Categories Filter: choose “Yes” to enable Category filter
- In Show Brand AlphaBet Filter “Yes” is the default option
- In Brand Alphabet is where you rule the specific alphabet to be filtered, each of alphabet separated by a commas
- Character Set means encode key for your store’s language
188.8.131.52 Brand Search Setting¶
- In Show Search Block select “Yes” to enable Instant Search at the Brand page
- In Min char default minimum number is 1
- In Number of Search result 0 will show unlimited drop-down search result
- In Show Thumbnail Image decides to display thumbnail image or not
184.108.40.206 Feature Brand Settings¶
- At Show Feature Brands choose to “Yes” to display.
- In Display Featured Brands Style we support 2 styles
- Slider View
- Simple View
- In Title, type a name for your feature brands block
- In Display Information allows
- Logo only
- Logo and Label
- In Embedded Code is where you show feature brand block in any place you want.
2.1.3 Brand Information¶
Click to expand Brand Information
- In Default Image choose a custom stock for Brand. If passing, the product placeholder default image will be used.
- In Default Block, choose an available product block to be displayed
- Choose to Show Brand Image On Brand Page, Show Brand Description On Brand Page, and Show Brand Static Block On Brand Page or not.
This is a new sweet treatment for marketing purpose, choose “No” if you don’t wish search engines index pagination pages.
This is a separated module to manage Categories on filter searching. Also you can customized some crucial meta data tags like Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords or Meta Robot
Catalog > Shop by Brand > Categories
To create brand new category, click
New Category red button.
To massively set brands into a specific category:
Catalog > Shop By Brand: Categories
- Select the category you want to apply changes navigate, click
Brandsat the left sidebar, a multi-select available brand list will show up.
2.3. Manage Brands¶
This module provide a short-cut way for navigating to “manufacturer” workplace, from here you will manage all available brands and create new one. Make you way to
Catalog > Shop By Brand > Manage Brands
To generate a new brand, follow these steps
All brands are listed under Manage Options section, click on Add option on the bottom of the list, right after, a new row will appear.
Click on Save Config to save the new brand.
Tap Setting to open the “Brand Information” page for configuration.
Under Brand Information section,
- Set Page Title for the new brand
- Create URL Key
- Upload Brand Image from your computer
- Set the brand to be displayed on featured brand slider or not in Featured field
- Enter Short Description (appear on the search result) and Description (appear on Brand Listing)
- Choose the CMS Block to show brand as a static block on anywhere of your page. You can disable it by leave it blank.
- Related Brands: Select related brands to the brand you are setting.
- Branded Products: Add multiple products to the brand at once.
- Action > Add Products > Submit: Add selected products to the brand.
- Action > Remove Products> Submit: Remove selected products from the brand.
Expand Meta Information section, you can complete all fields for your better SEO, including:
- Meta Title
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
Save Brand to ensure that the configuration for the new brand is successful.
For the existing brands, you can edit their information via Setting button.
Brand Revenue Report
- Show Report: Click on the Show report button to show the Brand Revenue Report popup.
- Brand Revenue Report popup: Display the detailed reports on sales of each brand. Thanks to this report, stores can identify which brands are selling well, especially the report of different time period. The Report includes information as follows: Brand, Ordered Item Quantity, Order Count, Total Revenue, Refunder, Discount, Tax.
2.4. Bulk import brands¶
Shop by Brand extension from Mageplaza supports Magento 2 stores to bulk import brands via CSV file.
System > Data Transfer > Import > Import Settings > Entity Type field, choose “Mageplaza Shopbybrand” to expand Import Behavior and File to Import fields.
Sample csv file:
- Online: https://goo.gl/VqbZ5o
- Follow those steps next
- In Import Behaviour fiels, choose Import Behaviour as “Add/Update”
- In File to Import field, browse your brand’s CSV file in Select file to Import
- Copy the file contains Brands in the csv file to the pub/media/import section of the site. (Note: For magento 2.3.3, you need to copy image file of brands and paste at the folder /var/import/images)
Back to the Import page, click
Check data button
After Check Data is completed, select Import near footer to import brand to Shop By Brand. If the brand name in the csv file is included in the file to import, the import will be successful
And a report will inform this. Now you’ve done all the step to import brand by a CSV file.
2.5. Export Brand¶
Go to System > Data Transfer > Export > Export Settings > Entity Type field, choose Mageplaza Shopbybrand to expand Entity Attributes.
2.6. Assign product to brand¶
This guide helps you classify what brand a product is made by.
- On the Admin Panel, Product > Inventory > Catalog.
- Select an exact product you want to assign, and open Edit mode under Action column.
- On the settings page of the product, you will see ` Manufacturer` field that allows assigning a corresponding brand to that product.
Savethe change to complete the brand attachment.
- When finish all, the brand logo will display on both Brand Listing Search and the product detailed page of the assigned product.
On Brand Listing
On Product Page
Shop By Brand Extension form Mageplaza does support API which allows users:
- Get brand list
- Add/ edit/ delete brand
- Add products into brand
- Remove brand assigned for product
- Get the product list of brand
- Get the brand’s information assigned to the product according to the product’s sku
- Get a list of feature brands
- Search for brands by name
- Get brand configuration
Guide to create token, please see here
You can see more of how to get API Request by Shop By Brand Extension via this document
Run the following command in Magento 2 root folder:
composer require mageplaza/module-shop-by-brand-graphql
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Mageplaza’s Shop By Brand extension supports store admins to get rule’s information via GraphQL.
To start working with Shop By Brand GraphQL in Magento, you need to:
- Use Magento 2.3.x. Return your site to developer mode
- Supported GraphQl requests can be viewed at this link: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/10589000/SzRxXr2y?version=latest