Download & Install
You can download it from the following resources:
To help you automatically optimize and greatly improve the performance of your Magento-based store in Search Engines, the Mageplaza SEO extension will bring your store a great chance to own amazing speed as well as to gain higher and higher ranks in the popular and famous search engines such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo
Login to your Magento 2 backend
Stores > Settings >Configurations > Mageplaza Extension: SEO, follow our given guide below to complete those SEO configurations
- Duplicate Content
- Structure Data
- Business Information
- Social Profiles
1.1. General Configuration
Choose Enable = "Yes" to turn Mageplaza SEO on generally.
1.2. Duplicate Content
Filtering results (from layered navigation pages, etc) is the main cause of generating many similar URLs, and search crawlers assess them are all the same, in other words, it's called duplicate content. Therefore, you must have the assist from Canonical tags to reduce the duplication of content on the page, this is an onpage SEO tip to note obviously.
- In the Use Canonical Link Meta Tag For Categories field: Choose "Yes" to display Canonical tags of Category pages which are from Source Category on the frontend.
- In the Use Canonical Link Meta Tag For Products field: Choose "Yes" to display Canonical tags of Source Product on the frontend.
1.3. Structured Data
In the Enable Product Structured Data field:
- Select "Yes" to display the basic information of products when they are searched by search engines.
- By this intuitive design, Product Structured Data will increase click through rate (CTR) drastically. Thus, products from your store will be ranked higher on search results.
- You can check Product Structured Data at the Page Source of Product Detail Page. Structured Data will mirror exactly as the basic information of that product.
In the Enable Sitelinks Searchbox field:
- Select "Yes" to display your store's Searchbox on the Sitelinks. As soon as your store displays on the search results, your store searchbox will also display with the store's link.
- You can test the code in Page Source of Homepage.
1.4. Business Information
In the Enable Business Information field: Select "Yes to display information about your business in the search result. The system will then display more fields, including:
- When you leave any field blank, the information for that field will not display.
- You can test the code in the Page Source of the Homepage.
- Business Name: Provide the name of your business to show in the Business Information section.
- Business Type: Choose a suitable option for your main business type.
- Enter some of your business's contact information like Customer Service Phone, Customer Service Contact Option, Customer Service Area Serve, Technical Support Phone, Technical Support Contact Option, Technical Support Area Serve, Sales Service Phone, Sales Contact Option, and Sales Area Serve.
- Image: Add an image for your business logo.
- Image URL: Insert one or several image links to display for your business.
- Then, provide some information about your business, including Street Address, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Email, Fax, Price Range, Description.
1.5. Social Profiles
- You can paste your social addresses in here. Make sure that all the accounts have been verified.
- Social Profile will display along with Business Information. If Business Information is not enabled, Social Profile won't display in search results.
- You can leave unnecessary Social Profiles in blank status.
- When the searcher clicks on one of your social links, they will be redirected to that social page of your store.
- You can test the code in Page Source of Homepage
In the Verification field, you need to enter the verification code to confirm the ownership of your site. Hence, you can use the Web services such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Pinterest and Yandex Webmaster Tools.
- In the Google Search Console field: Enter the verification code for Google Search Console.
- In the Bing Webmaster Tools field: Enter the verification code for Bing Webmaster Tools.
- In the Pinterest field: Enter the verification code for Pinterest.
- In the Yandex Webmaster Tools field: Enter the verification code for Yandex Webmaster Tools.
II. SEO Tools
This add-on tool will assist SEO extension in assessing and marking which and how to perform the structured data at the best for SEO progress. You can have a general review for the SEO analysis at the Product Page, Category Page and CMS Page.
For example with a product:
- Go to
Product > Catalog, choose Edit a random one.
PageSpeed Insightbutton at the header
The page will be directed to PageSpeed Insight page for the check execution.
PageSpeed Insights will focus on 2 key issues: page loading speed and user friendliness. These factors comply with Google web optimization methods as well as automate adjustment process.
- Apply the same action with Category Page and CMS Page.